Here's January's month-end update about the current state of Transcending Boundaries and our various projects. In the last few weeks we had a meeting about TBC 2016, had a promotion on the board, and more!
With Lorelei stepping into the role of President, a vacancy for the Vice President position opened up. Sara Brosnan has been promoted from Member at Large to VP. Congrats Sara! This means there are now 2 open positions on the board, both Members at Large.
Sara made a great feedback form that we invite you to fill out, whether or not you attended TBC 2015. Completing the form makes you eligible for $5 off 2016 registrations. Thank you Sara! Aimee will complete the last of the silent auction transactions soon.
Our first 2016 TBC Organizer meeting went great! There were 13 of us who braved the weather (plus 3 members of the pee-wee division). Although Pizzeria Uno was very loud we were able to enjoy a meal together and begin some important conversations about 2016.
Our next meeting will be Sunday, February 21st. We are still coordinating what time is best. Please let us know so that we can have as many folks as possible attend in person (in Springfield, MA, at Aimee's office) and on-line. We still need many volunteers to help with everything from little projects to department heads.
If you are interested in the role of Con-chair, please let the board know by filling out this form!
Online Discussion Group
We would like to hold a monthly on-line chat as part of our goal to expand beyond the annual conference. More information will be available soon.
Website & Social Media
Ian is working on building a basic structure for the website. laurel has been working on restoring old content and building an organizer section to keep old meeting minutes, notes and other important information.
We would love to have folks willing to write blog posts for the new site!
Saera has agreed to work on developing a social media strategy which we should have an update in the next few weeks. Thank you Saera! We will need a team of folks to help with social media once that is in place, so if you're addicted to Twitter or love Facebook, this is a great way to help!
For those of you not already aware Lisa Jacobs is running a gofundme to raise funds to move out of her parents home and into a safer space while she waits for other housing opportunities. Lisa is why TBC is still happening, so if you can please consider lending a hand.
Out & About
January 30th laurel & Sara (and Penny) attended the Connecticut Citizen Action Group's Justice Works Convening which focused on racial & financial inequality. We learned a lot about policy, whats going on in Connecticut to fight inequality and CCAG's 2016 legislative agenda.
January 30th a group of us also went out to Real Art Ways in Hartford to see the always amazing Kate Bornstein speak. Saera got the very last ticket to the sold out event, which was thought provoking and a lot of fun.
- Presenter applications are open for Atlanta Poly Weekend
- NELA's Fetish Fair Fleamarket is Feb 12 - 14
- Poly Living Conference is Feb 19th-21st
- The Five College Queer Gender and Sexuality Conference is March 4 & 5
- Harvard LGBTQ Conference is March 5th
- The Keystone Conference is March 9th
- The True Colors Conference is March 18 & 19
- The Northeast LGBT* Conference at Stony Brook College in NY is April 1-3
- The Pennsylvania Youth Action Conference is April 8-10
- The 2016 LGBT Health Workforce Conference is April 28-30 in NYC
- Transgender Lives: The Intersection of Health and Law Conference is April 30th
- The Black Trans Advocacy Conference is April 25 – May 1
- The Mid-Atlantic LGBTQA Conference is accepting workshop proposals until May 2
- The Philadelphia Trans-Health Conference is June 9-11
- The Lavender Law Conference & Career Fair (NYC) is August 4-8