Here's February's mid-month update about the current state of Transcending Boundaries and our various projects. In the last few weeks we had a meeting about TBC 2016, had a promotion on the board, and more!
No big news to report. We are working on defining our roles and searching for 2 individuals to join the board as members at large.
laurel is looking into the YWCA's Stand Against Racism program.
Sara made a great feedback form that we invite you to fill out, whether or not you attended TBC 2015. Completing the form makes you eligible for $5 off 2016 registrations.
Aimee will complete the last of the silent auction transactions soon.
Our next meeting will be Sunday, February 21, at 4:00 PM. We will be meeting at Aimee's office in downtown Springfield and have a google hangout for those of you who can't attend in person. We'll try to have a draft agenda by the 18th. We still need many volunteers to help with everything from little projects to department heads.
Micah and Saera have been getting information from hotels, so hopefully we will have a conversation about our options and be scheduling some hotel tours.
To get a better idea of what we do, and so we can draw more volunteers to help us out, we need your help documenting what we do. Please comment on this document in Google Docs. I'd like to have something ready to put on the website by February 22
Website & Social Media
Ian is working on building a basic structure for the website. laurel has been working on restoring old content and building an organizer section to keep old meeting minutes, notes and other important information.
We would love to have folks willing to write blog posts for the new site!
Saera has been working on developing a social media strategy which we should have an update in the next few weeks. Thank you Saera! We will need a team of folks to help with social media once that is in place, so if you're addicted to Twitter or love Facebook, this is a great way to help!
This is just a short list of the many thing happening in the next few months!
- Poly Living Conference - Philadelphia PA, Feb 19th-21st
- Nontraditional Gender Roles in a Power Dynamic New Haven CT, Feb 26
- The 2016 Western Massachusetts Disability Studies Conference Northampton, Feb 26 & 27
- Transgender Support Group, Fenway Health Boston MA March 1
- Five College Queer Gender and Sexuality Conference Amherst, MA March 4 & 5
- Harvard LGBTQ Conference Boston, MA March 5th
- Keystone Conference Harrisburg PA March 9th
- Out Now's 20th Queer Anniversary Springfield MA, March 11
- True Colors Conference Storrs CT, March 18 & 19
- Community Forum on Intersectionality Boston, March 22
- Northeast LGBT* Conference, Stony Brook College in NY April 1-3
- Transgender Support Group, Fenway Health Boston MA April 5
- Black Girl Movement Conference NYC April 7-9
- Pennsylvania Youth Action Conference Philadelphia PA April 8-10
- Transgender Lives: The Intersection of Health and Law Conference Farmington CT April 30th
- Black Trans Advocacy Conference Dallas TX April 25 – May 1