Here's February's month end update about the current state of Transcending Boundaries and our various projects. We're hard at work getting TBC 2016 started, planning our participation at Noho Pride and more!
The board will be meeting March 9th. We plan on discussing results of the venue search, conference keynote discussions, staffing and potentially participating in the YWCA Stand Against Racism program. We will also discuss wrapping up the last business from TBC 2015.
Our last meeting in February was great. We heard about our options for venues this year and discussed keynote speakers.
Our next meeting will be Sunday, March 13th at 4:00PM. We will be meeting at Aimee's office in downtown Springfield and have a google hangout for those of you who can't attend in person. We'll try to have a draft agenda by the 11th. We still need many volunteers to help with everything from little projects to department heads.
We hope to have competed tours of the hotels in Stamford and Danbury CT before this meeting. We will be discussing venue, keynote and Noho Pride.
There will also be a workday on Sunday, March 20th. Workdays are an opportunity to get together in small groups and work on projects. These are informal and may be done on-line or in person.
Connie is working with us to make Noho Pride extra awesome this year. We will have a BUS! It's going to be super great, so put May 7th on your calendars now. Invite your friends on Facebook. Invite your mom. It's going to be a blast! We want to see as many TBC faces as we can!
Website & Social Media
laurel and Ian are both working on their website projects. New software has been purchased for the website design and the domain name has been renewed.
We would love to have folks willing to write blog posts for the new site!
Saera has been working on developing a social media strategy which we should have an update in the next few weeks. Thank you Saera! We will need a team of folks to help with social media once that is in place, so if you're always on Twitter or love Facebook, this is a great way to help!
Here are some events coming up you may want to put on your calendars. If you plan on being at any of these events that is awesome! We'd love a little summary of the event for the blog if you can spare a few minutes.
- Five College Queer Gender and Sexuality Conference Amherst, MA March 4 & 5
- Harvard LGBTQ Conference Boston, MA March 5th
- Keystone Conference Harrisburg PA March 9th
- Out Now's 20th Queer Anniversary Springfield MA, March 11
- True Colors Conference Storrs CT, March 18 & 19
- Community Forum on Intersectionality Boston, March 22
- Northeast Queer and Trans People of Color Conference, NYC April 1 & 2
- Northeast LGBT* Conference, Stony Brook College in NY is April 1-3
- Transgender Lives: The Intersection of Health and Law Conference Farmington CT April 30th
- Black Trans Advocacy Conference Dallas TX April 25 – May 1
- Noho Pride Northampton MA May 7
- Boston Pride Week June 3-12
- Philadelphia Trans-Health Conference Philadelphia PA June 9-11
- Fantasia Fair, Provincetown October 19-21